Please read the below before coming
The Niseko Rules are the official rules for the area created to ensure the safety of those skiing outside the controlled ski areas and all users of the ski resort.
- Strictly NO ENTRY at ANY TIME for ANY REASON.
- Haru no taki and Yu no sawa areas are completely out-of-bounds.
- Crossing boundry ropes and leaving is strictly prohibited. Use the gates at the ski areas.
- A total of 11 gates are installed at each ski resort.
- There is no safety control or patrols outside the ski areas.
- Safety management is only carried out in the designated ski areas. When leaving these areas, do so at own risk.
- Do not attempt to leave the ski area when the gate is closed.
- If it is thought there is danger, the gates will be closed.
- Daily NISEKO AVALANCHE INFORMATION is OFFICIAL Niseko Rules information.
- Information is posted on the internet, lift stops, gates etc
- Search and Rescue efforts WILL BE CHARGED for incidents outside resort boundaries.
- All expenses brought about by search and rescue efforts outside the ski area will be requested.
- Obey Ski patrol's instructions at all times.
- For all users both in and out of ski resort, please follow the instructions of the Ski Patrol.
- Children under 12 must refrain from going out of bounds unless accompanied by a proficient adult leader.
- Do not forget the companion system, not only for children but for all.
- Niseko Resorts, and the local community respect the freedom of mountain users and place a strong emphasis on THE SAFETY USAGE of the mountain.
- We hope that all will be able to enjoy Niseko safely.
- ・ Any violators of the Niseko Rules will have their lift pass confiscated.
- ・ Crossing the rope boundries may give others the chance to break the rules.
- ・ many avalanches occur in furing blizzards in areas where snowy overhangs occur.